/UK manufacturing production rises in Nov, beats expectations | by Author: FXStreet Team | FXStreet

UK manufacturing production rises in Nov, beats expectations | by Author: FXStreet Team | FXStreet

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) published the  UK  industrial and manufacturing production data on Friday, showing that the overall industrial activity improved in the month of November, with the manufacturing figures surprising the markets to the upside. Manufacturing output arrived at 0.4% m/m in Nov versus a 0.3% (revised higher from 0.1%) gain seen in Oct, while total industrial output rose by 0.4% in the reported month, against a 0.2% upward revision from 0.0%) reading seen previously. On an annualized basis, the UK manufacturing production figures came in at 3.5% in Nov, bettering expectations. Total industrial output also increased by 2.5% in Nov, beating expectations of a 1.8% reading and against the previous 4.3% print.